Saturday, April 11, 2009

New York City's first ever CupcakeCamp = SUCCESS!


Well cupcakers, with over 230 people in attendance and the bar making six times what they normally make on a Friday night between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m., I think it's safe to say that New York City loves cupcakes (and drinkin').


To everyone who came out - thank you. Each and everyone one of you contributed to CupcakeCamp's success, and now you having bragging rights to say,"I was at the first NYC CupcakeCamp, you know..." Seriously, to everyone who brought cupcakes to the people who ate until their stomachs were going to explode, thank you for being an awesome crowd. I met so many fantastic people last night and am excited about all the new folks I can now call my friends.


Another big thank you to Buttercup Bake Shop, Magnolia Bakery and Baked by Melissa for donating cupcakes. And extra big thank you to Billy's Bakery, who not only donated cupcakes but had some live representation at the event who graciously handed out free cupcake coupons to the crowd (thanks Maggie!). Be sure to visit Billy's in Chelsea and their new second location in Tribeca (opening at the end of May!).


Another big thank you to the ladies at Cupcakes Take the Cake. Not only did they step up and help us with publicity efforts, they are just a super cool group of girls to work with. Talk about the best media sponsor you could ever possibly have!

And to Brian Witte, graphic designer extraordinaire - I keep the poster you designed open on my desktop because I STILL can't get over how great it turned out. For anyone interested in hiring this talented designer, get in touch. I'll connect you to him.



And let's not forget Happy Ending. Frank and Oliver - you guys rule. You guys treated us like royalty the whole night and were, hands down, the greatest venue folks I've ever worked with. Thank you thank you thank you thank you for letting us have CupcakeCamp at your fantastic bar.

Lastly, watching a large group of adults collectively go through a sugar rush then the subsequent crash on a Friday night in New York City was easily one of the highlights of my life thus far. I can't wait to see all of you out at future CupcakeCamps - they are going to be bigger and better than the first!

Cheers,
Mary Ann

P.S. Be sure to check out the photo's at Cupcakes Take the Cake (here). Also, if you have photos from the event, e-mail me at cupcakecampnyc@gmail.com. I want to upload your pics to Flickr!



All photos courtesy of Stacie Joy from Cupcakes Take the Cake.

CupcakeCamp NYC poster courtesy of Brian Witte.

No comments:

Post a Comment